Well, we all like a good sequel and when Katie over at her Doing Dewey blog asked me to co-host this challenge, I just couldn’t resist (hubris is a terrible thing)! I selected the Movie Auteur level (24 books to be reviewed and their accompanying film versions too) but seem to have gone a bit overboard …
“Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to review books and the movies which they’ve been made into”
I ended up reviewing 46 books and their movie adaptations – here were a few highlights …
I was especially proud of my monster review of the short story collection The Saint in Europe by Leslie Charteris, all the stories from which were adapted for the Roger Moore TV show of the 1960s. I was also quite pleased with these:
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Midwich Cuckoo by John Wyndham (filmed twice as Village of the Damned)
- Mischief by Charlotte Armstrong (filmed as Don’t Bother to Knock)
- Fedora by Tom Tryon
- I Thank a Fool by Audrey Erskine Lindop
- The Letter by Somerset Maugham
- Magic by William Goldman
- Some Must Watch by Ethel Lina White (filmed often as The Spiral Staircase)
For the complete list, just click here!
Thank you Katie for organising this great Challenge.